Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Boys of Summer.

Baseball season is upon us, at last. I, for one, could not be happier. The Dodgers are off to a pretty good start, winning the four game series against the Giants (Never mind the one pathetic loss).
But, favorite teams aside, baseball season makes me so happy inside.
I love Dodgers stadium.
I love the memories of sitting out on the front lawn, listening to the Dodgers game through the truck radio, eating marshmallows with my brothers.
I love feeling a part of something.
I love Dodger dogs.
I love Andre Ethier.
I love that it brings my family together.
I love the anxiousness of a close game.
I love talking crap when the Dodgers win.
I love the memories associated with growing up at the baseball field.
I love the sound of Vin Scully's voice.
I love the immediate sense of camaraderie when finding out someone likes the same team as you.
I love the "I Love LA" song they play when the Dodgers win.
I love late inning come-backs.
I love the atmosphere.
I love Matt Kemp.

And last, but definitely not least, I love that it means summer is almost here.
After all, theres a reason they call them the boys of summer.

No comments: