Thursday, July 9, 2009

Some of What Ive Done This Summer

So far, it has been a really nice summer break for me. I definitely am relieved that the school year is finally over and I can focus on other things besides the stress of school. Near the beginning of the summer, I volunteered at my church in a VBS week-long summer camp titled "Breakaway to the Great Frontier." With the western theme, kids from preschool to 6th grade participated in activites with their small group, including rally(fun worship songs and a play), recreation, arts and crafts, and other activites with their small group. I helped out in arts and crafts and it was an unforgettable experience. It was my first year helping out, and I probably help out as a small group leader next year. Other than that, I have been enjoying my summer sleeping in, hanging out with friends, some homework(unfortunately), shopping, more time with family, and the nice weather. I can't believe summer break is already half over!

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

You, too, are a good role model for kids. I love the pace of "school" in that we get summer to rechage. So looking forward to another year with you. cn