Thursday, July 30, 2009

Camping con Paige

It feels like I haven't blogged in so long! In my mind I thought that this summer would be more relaxing than it has been in the past because I didn't have as many trips planned...on the contrary. After getting back from Pennsylvania I was home for a few weeks and then my dad asked me to go camping with the family. The night before my dad said that I could take a friend. So I text Paige (yes the Paige that is on staff with all of us :)) and she said that she would go with me :) so the next day we left...headed for Lake Siskiyou. Yes that is indeed a real place, Lake Siskiyou. The camp ground was a lot bigger than we expected and arrived on a Friday night. On saturday we went to a nearby fish hatchery to watch my little cousins Jersey and Sierra fish. Later in the day we went to the lake itself. Our first adventure out on the water was in a little blow up raft with my cousin Sierra, Paige, and I. We were rowing back towards the shore and the end of Paige's oar floated away!!!! Then we tanned on the beach a little bit. Went out on the water, this time just Paige and I, attatched ourselves to a rope and just sat out on the water for a bit. Apparently the sunscreen we had put on earlier in the day had gone away and by the time we walked back up onto the beach we were as red as strawberries! By far we recieved the worst sunburns of our lives...not fun. I really liked the camp ground though. We spent the rest of that day and the days to come in agony, even after we got home. Then we peeled. My advice from that experience...wear sunscreen especially when you are around water. We got home and within a week my grandpa planned our trip there for next summer.

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Sun good. Sun burn bad. But glad you are having fun this summer. cn

Emily said...

I hope you are both okay from the sunburn!! :0

Lol at grandpa.