Friday, March 18, 2011

Oldies and Boats

I'll start off here by saying this week has been stressful to say the least. Things just have been going wrong a lot for some reason. I have been awake until after midnight every night and I've been waking up at six to drag myself to school.

But yesterday when I got home from school we had a St. Patricks Day Party complete with corned beef and potatoes. And after pigging out on just about everything in my kitchen I didn't really feel the urge to study for math or anatomy or to do my english and psych homework. So something monumental happened.


I didn't do it.


And oh what a wonderful feeling it was. After an entire week of going to bed late to do homework and waking up early to do homework, I just didn't do it.

I spent the rest of the evening listening to my Golden Oldies Pandora station while I ripped the pages out of an old magazine to make little paper boats.

I actually ended up making twenty of them. They are ridiculously fun to make. If you haven't tried it you should. The other day in math I was folding my math homework into little paper hats and then Maggie Herlocker showed me how to turn them into little boats. And I have been obsessively making them for about a week now. So if you have any important papers just be sure to keep them away from me because I really will turn them into charming little boats.




And my only advise to you is that if you have a really terrible week then just take a night off and sit around listening to Bing Crosby croon "Don't Fence Me In" with the Andrews Sisters or Louis Armstrong rasp out "When You're Smiling".

It most definitely makes for a leisurely evening.

2 comments:

Erika said...

That sounds so wonderful. I'll probably take one of those days next week haha

But I love that photograph of the boats. Instagram ftw??

Keely said...

Yes :) i love Instagram. Do you have a name/accout/app thingie?