Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't Read this Blog Post

According to Wikipedia, Rebecca Black's Friday came out last Monday. Which means that for the first time ever, I knew about a pop song within two months of it coming out. Since I can't stand most of what comes out, I don't keep track of what Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber are releasing. But I know pretty much all there is to know about Rebecca Black. Why?
Because of posts like this one. I was wondering what everyone was complaining about on Facebook, so I Googled it. I was not let down in my expectations of failure. 3 minutes of my life down the drain.
What was interesting though was that 10 million others had fallen into the same trap. So now, thanks to the "power" of social networking, Black is famous, and probably rich off of all of the ads people have to sit through on YouTube.
Moral of the Story: Don't google stuff you see on Facebook if everyone's complaining about it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I bet you'll be famous like her one day...but in a good way.