Monday, April 20, 2009

The Park Bench

I'm back. For the past two weeks we've been at school (excluding Spring Break in between) my life has been completely dominated by theatre. First, I had the spring play, Appointment with Death, which was my first major role in the production at Rocklin, and then I had my One Person show this past Wednesday.
One Person Shows. This is the cumulative final for every graduating theatre student. It is our chance to put on our own full-blown 30 minute production. We star, write, direct, cast, design every aspect of our show. I never thought I would be able to write my own play, but I managed to do it and even though I went through phases where I hated my show and was stressed about what everyone would think.
We get one dress rehearsal in the afternoon on the day of our show. It was nerve-wracking because during the rehearsal, there were some serious line flubs and pauses. The other person in my cast and I could both feel the unease between the both of us. So after all the rehearsals, we ran through my show, ran through lines.
And then it was time.
I WAS SO HAPPY. I wanted to cry it went so well. Even though there were line mess-ups (as with any show) we each became our characters and just fed off of each other's energy. The audience was laughing and engaged and I got so many compliments. I felt like I couldn't have ended my theatre experience in a better way.
On the flip side, now I have to catch up with everything else in my life....

Welcome back to me... Hah.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

I missed you, but am proud of you and our theater program. You all do amazing work. cn