Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anonymous Friend

Lately, I've been running low on money and it has been majorly stressing me out. I had to apply for housing at both San Francisco State and University of Oregon. It cost $90 and left me with $8 left in my bank account. Then, my batteries for my graphing calculator died. I spent $6 on batteries, which is a complete outrage if you ask me. So I was left with $2. Not to mention I had been driving around for days with my gas light on, a constant reminder I might get stranded anywhere I go. It was quite a precarious situation since I had no real options. I mentioned it during break yesterday to a few friends, saying how I was kinda stressed. I didn't really think anything of it. Then after school yesterday, I came home to an envelope on my doorstep. All it said was "Alexis Coopersmith". I opened it and there was $40 in cash in it. No note, no name, nothing. Just $40. I was super shocked, and couldn't believe that someone I know was so thoughtful and selfless to do something like that. I still don't know who left it there, and it's been driving me insane. But to whoever left it there, thank you so much. I wish I knew who you were so I could give you a hug. That was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. It wasn't even the money that made me happy, but the idea of someone being so incredible and such a good friend and not even getting credit for it made my entire day. To my mysterious best friend, you're amazing for helping me like that. Thank you. :)

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

The world is a generally kind place... I am so sorry the saga continues. Share with those who care. cn

hayley said...

alexis if anyone deserves that kind of random act of kindness its you. you are freaking amazing supersmith:)