Friday, April 24, 2009

I don't know what to blog about!

There's nothing really going on with me this week, yet I'm still busy? During lunches all this week have been our specialty dances for the dance show though, so that probably makes it seem much busier!
I'm so excited. The two specialties I'm doing are a hip hop mix and Free Fallin by John Mayer. They look really good so far and I can't wait for people to see them! All of the dances look good so far actually, or at least from what I've heard from other classes and what our class has done. The dance 2 3 and 4 show is actually seperate from dance 1 for the first time, so it should be interesting to see the difference in turn out for two different shows. And dance 1 actually has a completely different them, "Colors", which is songs with different colors in them, while ours is "Covered", so remade songs, which is really cool because there's so many songs that I had no idea were even remade! Like we're doing Kanye West's "Stronger" and David Cook remade "Billy Jean" and Tina Turner's "Proud Mary". It should be really fun and the songs are totally varied, even a song from Chicago! I hope everyone gets excited for it, I know I am :)

1 comment:

rebecca/vanessa said...

Oh that really is exciting! I was in the dance show my sophomore year – tapping – and I haven’t since. I really wish they kept a tap class instead of combine it with the regular dance classes…that’s all I know how to do haha. Anyways so I missed the audition for the specialties but I know my friends running the tap one and she let me in! We’re going Higher Ground by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, super excited! Ha but I forgot all the names and everything about tap, it’s going to be one fun ride! Haha but I know half the routine now, so I’m excited! Have fun with your numbers!