Wednesday, April 22, 2009

JURY DUTY

So less than a week away from my 19th birthday, I received a letter in the mail. My bank has been sending a lot of junk lately so I assumed it was another offer. My dad started to laugh while he was watching me open it. I didn’t even read the envelope which would have given it away, but my dad decided to because I was taking too long.
"You’ve got jury duty!"
I started to laugh with him, during my first year of being an adult, I actually got jury duty. Honestly I’m really excited. But unfortunately I can’t miss ANY more school or else I won’t graduate…so I’m checking the "90 day postpone".
Oh and I guess you only get paid $15 bucks a day after the first day…I couldn’t imagine taking work off and still paying the bills if I’m only making like 15 a day…terrible.
But aside from that, I’m pretty excited to be an "active citizen" haha.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Love this... and the irony. But, you'll enjoy the chance once you can do it. cn