Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CST Testing

I can't wait to be a senior next year. Of course there are many reasons I desire such standing on campus, but this week I have been reminded of just another reason that I am coming down with senioritis. Seniors do not have to take the California State Standards tests. I have never really cared about this testing yet it has still managed to haunt me and stress me out throughout the majority of my memorable life.
Although I am still not a fan of the testing, this year I have found some practical application the test offers juniors. I do not know where I will be going to college, however I know that attending a CSU is an option for me. On the junior year of CST testing something is offered called the EAP, or the Early Assesment Program. By taking an additional essay and two small sections of multiple choice questions I may be exempt from some testing I would otherwise have to take upon my entrance to a CSU for placement in my entry level courses. This could save me some of the hassle and stress I would have otherwise encountered next year. Hmmm...who knew CST testing could be useful?

No comments: