Monday, November 3, 2008

The truth really does set you free

I have four of the best friends in the entire world, and they mean everything to me. But lately we have all been having the same thoughts about how we feel like we have all grown apart, and aren't nearly as good of friends anymore. I really started to get scared; I was afraid the most important people in my life were going to fade away.
Aside from all of this, my mind has been in places that I can't describe. I have been on this quest to find myself lately, and has taken me away from the life I usually live. The usual, "Why am I here?" and "Who the hell am I?" thoughts have been running through my head constantly. Surprisingly enough, I took a big leap foreword in my quest and found a part of myself I have been hiding for too long.
When I came to this realization, I knew I couldn't keep it inside any longer. And I knew that these four people were the people that I could trust the most, and that would still love me to the ends of the earth no matter what. I told them I had something to say to them, we met up after school, and I told them.
In the past week, my friendship with these girls has been the best it has been in a very long time. Not only did the weight of the world get lifted off of my shoulders after sharing my secret, but my worry about the end of the best friendship I have ever witnessed has been eternally forgotten.

No comments: