Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pirates are terrorists

I have been listening to the news and I am surprised that almost every day there is another pirate seizure off the coast of Africa. I am pretty sure they are not like Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner. I am just wondering how do these thieves and cut-throats on their little equivalent of rowboats are able to take control of an entire tanker along with its large crew. The point I am trying to say is that governments are focusing their energies on terrorism in the Middle East, when the international trade routes are being threatened by African pirates. -Albert Teplitsky

2 comments:

Raoul Duke said...

I'll tell you why:
because the international community has paid them over $150 million in ransom money, which simply funds more audacious attacks.

It also doesn't help that they help bring business to their home ports of Somalia, where they are seen as heroes.

Raoul Duke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.