Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election withdrawals

YES WE CAN.

YES WE CAN.

YES WE CAN.

YES WE CAN.

YES WE CAN.

YES WE CAN.

YES WE CAN.


President-Elect Obama said this seven times in his victory speech Tuesday night. I've never felt so empowered, so impassioned, and so hopeful of our future as a unified nation.

It wasn't only his moment to shine. He made it OUR moment. The success of the campaign reflects the transformation of the United States. Over a century ago, the election of someone belonging to a minority race would have been deemed unfathomable. To look back at how far we've come (as seen with Ann Nixon Cooper)...all I can do is repeat those timeless words...YES WE CAN.

I am having election withdrawals, and I'm sure many people feel the same way. On Tuesday night I was completely engrossed in the election coverage on CNN. The hologram of will.i.am was INCREDIBLE...that just goes to show how AWESOME Anderson Cooper is.

America is back. There is no doubt that politics will be a part of my future career, and I have Obama to thank for that. I have more confidence in the integrity of our nation, and I have Obama to thank for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found myself saying "yes we can!" at inopportune moments.
"Would you like mustard on this sandwich?"
"YES WE CAN!!!"
*Blank stare*
I'd by lying if I said I didn't cry during the speech. Yes we did. WOOOHOOOOO

Raoul Duke said...

Hey, I cried too.