Friday, November 14, 2008

S & D

Tomorrow, I finally get to start my season in Speech and Debate. I missed the first tournament, but there is a new one tomorrow and I'm very much looking forward to it. The entire experience is just plain old fun. You get to meet interesting people from all sorts of different schools, getting to know them and making new friends(you're hoping to crush them later on in the competition, but it's still friendly). The one drawback is that I have to get up at 6 on a Saturday, something I REALLY don't like to do, but still, it's an amusing day, and after a few years of this, gaining experience, it helps with life. I have become rather good at speaking in presentations, and of course colleges love you for having participated in Speech and Debate. At any rate, I'm really excited, so wish me luck, and hopefully I will win out against all our rival schools.

No comments: