Monday, November 17, 2008

Honor Bands are coming

Finally, RHS musicians are recording audition tapes and trying out for the local and distant honor bands! Other than the Sierra College Honor Band, I was the only one representing our school last year at Capitol Section, NorCal, and AllNorthern (although I made NorCal, I couldn’t afford the drive to the college but made the band nonetheless). So this year we have around 9 people auditioning, which is very exciting. These groups represent the best high school musicians within small areas including the local eight counties to all of the northern half of California. The audition piece this year for both alto saxophone and clarinet (which are the only two I’ve seen) are extremely difficult. Not sure how I’m going to pull it off this late in the game, but attending each would be such a great experience, it’s what I look forward to each year. The top conductors from around the country are invited to run these groups. I remember my sophomore year at Capitol Section, Dr. Hammer from UOP was a life changing experience for most of everyone who attended. The deadlines are approaching and the pressure is on, but I am looking forward to everything it has to bring! :)

No comments: