Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In The Near Future

I am excited that it will be less than a year until I become a senior. I only have to take six classes, which will be a really nice change from having a full schedule with eight classes. I will be closer to turning 18 and having more independence. Although I am not looking forward to it because I want to take 3 AP classes and it will be more difficult. The stress of the upcoming college process will be more of a reality and my childhood will be shortly ending. An it also seems like it would be better to take more classes before college so that it will impress colleges. For now, though, I will enjoy my childhood and the high school experience and do everything I can to prepare for college, before it passes by too soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with those AP's.
Although six classes would be nice, I think you should take at least seven, unless you're working, to make the most out of senior year.
I know colleges look for a hard-worker, and 3 AP classes would certainly make you one, no doubt, but like you said, "it... seems like it would be better to take more classes before college so that it will impress colleges."

Anonymous said...

Some advice from a Senior;
Enjoy your Junior year. Once you start putting so much emphasis on the potential of your Senior year, you start to forget that you should be having fun now. Because when it comes right down to it, Senior year is stressful. AP's, Job's, college app's and living up to this ridiculous expectation of our Senior year being the best time of our lives is ridiculously stressful. I'm sure once December rolls around, and all the apps are in it will calm down a bit and we'll all start to enjoy it, but until then, good riddance to all the Seniors at RHS, maybe some naps would help....

sugarmagnolia4 said...

I disagree. Don't load yourself up with classes- colleges look mainly at the difficulty, not the amount.
This is coming from a senior who has already been accepted to some very good schools, including UC Davis.
Keep your GPA up, and unless you're looking into Stanford or Berkeley, six classes is fine. ESPECIALLY with 3 APs. The counselors will try to scare you otherwise, but quit stressing.
Also, Senior year is anything but the time of my life, personally.
I just want it to be over. In other words, enjoy your junior year when you aren't ridiculously sick of RHS yet.

RHS Flash said...

You'll be fine... some advice from an old guy. Enjoy the moment.