Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Beauty of YouTube

So, today, I completed a scholarship essay that required me to mail it to the organization. I got my work printed it out, tracked down the stamps and envelopes in my house, and even found one of those fancy labels that has my return address on it. At this point, I hit my obstacle: I have absolutely no idea on how to fold a large piece of paper into a small envelope without horrifically mangling it. Luckily, I did not have to resort to the creative forms of paper-craft that only I can come up with. I had the foresight to Google the correct way to put fold a letter into an envelope. I had my doubts going into this process, wondering if enough people on the internet shared my clerical deficiency that someone would take the time to make an article/video about it. Also, I was a bit concerned about what Google's server would think of me knowing that I had experienced the need to type "how to fold a letter into an envelope" into it's search bar. Targeted ads can get really awkward and insulting sometimes. But my faith in search engines was rewarded. A YouTube video of a nice lady with a Southern accent slowly explaining the letter-placement process popped up. A couple minutes later, I had successfully mailed my scholarship essay. Wow, this blog post is a lot longer than I intended it to be....

No comments: