Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NFWL-NRA withdrawal.

After NFWL-NRA, I have such a new perspective on life. I met so many inspiring women and stuff, I know, but what I realized most is that everyone is human - whether they are legislators, are super achieving teens, or are waitstaff. . .Everyone really is the same. I gotta admit, I fell in love with the whole thing and all the people there. I miss it a lot. I cried a lot over the thought that I would trade my life now for what I had for those four days, but now that I think of it, I think anyone would. It was literally like being a celebrity for four days. Chauffers, money, stalking movie stars, having photo shoots. . .I'm so lucky! I miss people calling me Ma'am and stuff.But there were bad things too! I never slept, and I did notice a lot of racism in the South. Really....definitely would not want to live there outside of the Ritz.I did stalk madonna! and i saw some girl who was on reba. GAWD. THE STARS.I love all the girls I met there, and am sure we'll meet again, you know? It made me sad that I wouldn't see them for a while, but we're planning to reunite next year.

But you know, I realized I will never be perfect, and no one will be. These women, who I expected to be perfect, weren't! And neither were the girls! And that was okay. I realized I want to live a fun, productive life and those things don't have to be exclusive. I was, for the first time in my life, a rule-breaker. A funny person.  A daredevil, and a spender. I have never been any of those things before. It was so relieving to just live in such nonchalance. To not care about rules, and to not care about money, or care about convention. Just....to be me, you know?

God, I miss those four days. They will be in my heart forever.

1 comment:

Shelby B. said...

im glad that your enoying your Break,Amanda. :) Happy Early Thanksgiving.