Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday Shopping

I had never done it before. All of the crazy stories that I've heard about mobs of people thrashing their way to the front of the line, or fights breaking out for a pair of jeans or anything like that- that was what I expected to encounter yesterday morning at the mall. It was both relief and disappointment that I felt when NONE of those things happened.
When I went, it was unbelievably peaceful, barely anyone was there at all. Which meant good shopping for me! And yes, it all went well. I practically finished my shopping right then and there, and nothing out of the ordinary happened, other than the mall getting busier and busier as time went on.

And then I came home and at around 1, a friend posted a video of something extremely disconcerting at the mall. I have no idea at what time it happened- my guess, early after the midnight opening.
The video showed a fight breaking out in front of Gamestop and the bungee thingy there. Why did it happen? No idea. All I know is that I was unbelievably glad I wasn't in the mall when it happened. I took back my disappointment of not seeing something weird happening, mostly because of this video.

I mean really?? Why did that HAVE to happen?? The title was called "Black Eye Friday" and I certainly believe that those 3 people eventually got black eyes. And I am not at all concerned for them. More like angry. I enjoyed the sales that went on yesterday, heck, I enjoyed the fact that the mall wasn't a giant mass blob of people in the early morning after the midnight opening. I wish it to happen again. But if these people continue to act like that, break out fights and whatnot during these times that the mall has opened early, it won't be continuing.

So, in the end, I had a fun experience of the Black Friday shopping. Great prices, not many people out in the morning and fun with friends!

No comments: