Thursday, November 8, 2012

Intricate Wording

Abbreviations, cuss words, and "teenage" talk. This is what our generation's language is made up of, from my point of view. (of course it would be, because I haven't explored the world yet, etc etc.) And I dislike it. I, myself, prefer the carefully structured sentences, with actual meaning in them. Carefully put together in a way that, for some people, holds only meaningless words, while, for others, shows the true power of what words can do to the mind.
Thinking this way out-loud is quite harmful, I have noticed. Most of the people around here prefer to listen to the straightforward talking rather than the deep, insightful word play. I find this normal, but very sad because I am finding the deep thinking, philosophical wording to be quite fun for me; it works the mind and makes you think about different ways to word a sentence as well as the different meanings that the words can produce.

Anyway, that is just MY opinion of language in a nutshell; when used properly and to the fullest extent, it is quite beautiful.

No comments: