Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Inquiring minds want to know...

Hello Peoples of planet Earth. I blog to you today about an issue we all have an opinion on or lack of one. This is my take on the presidential election, or in my viewpoint, just the election (who cares about the president? power is in the senate people, oh and THE PEOPLE, the power is in THE PEOPLE, not souly the president...) Anywho, so all you Romney readers can just be flat out aware that I like Obama, and I know you are just dying to know why, well fellow classmates and other strange inhabitants of this planet, I am not a democrat, although I am more liberal, to me, Obama is what government should be, he has no religious jurisdiction, no motive on inhibiting the people on MORAL standards. But of course, Romney cannot make abortion illegal, he also cannot make gay marriage illegal, but he can stop funding to planned parenthood, he can try and make it much HARDER. And to that I say what many of us are wondering, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?" I enjoy my freedom, and when someone comes into power who brings their own moral standards with them, I say, that is flat out wrong. America is about protecting the minorities rights. If he makes abortion even harder to get, we will have what we had when it was illegal, death... Putting restrictions does not stop people, HELLO! That is how the United States of America was CREATED. We didn't listen to what was restricing us from bettering ourselves, and doing what we know was what was good for ourselves. The government was made for the PEOPLE, therefore it shouldnt be able to tell them what they can do with their own bodies. And what is more disgusting, is that people think we should be able to control what the definition of marriage is? I'm sorry, but last time I checked we are all human. Since when has love and marriage been restricted to just a man and a woman? Oh yeah THE BIBLE!!! Government + Bible = Suppression of the minority, different peoples rights are REVOKED. So, for all you Romney lovers out there, sure...maybe he can make a change that is better for big business or some of the middle class...but in the end he will do more harm to our country than we can handle. If he could have, he probably would have been the guy to pass the don't ask don't tell act, I mean...if you like Romney...is it because you hate Obama and what he has done? Is it because you agree with his religious and moral standards? If so, you like him for the wrong reasons. Since when has our president been responsible to uphold these standards? Obama did not make America what it is today, Bush...the senate...the house of reps...the people...ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE. When you point your finger at Obama and call him a, "communist" you are truly pointing at yourself crazy Republican people(this comment is strictly to those who call him a communist) Because you are the communist, you have no idea what you are talking about and go strictly off of feelings and not facts. You are the reason for our downfalls, so please, move to Cuba, thank you. Therefore, when I think of what I am looking for in a president it is Obama. He is the hope the country needs, we don't need someone new messing with the system, trying to get things done that are out of his jursidiction. We need Obama to continue his work building our country stronger in education and keeping our liberty for ALL alive. Thanks :) Comment. I'd love to debate with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So besides issues of civil liberties, what exactly makes Obama so right and Romney so wrong? Clearly you don't appreciate Romney's approach and that's fine but there's more at stake here than just our rights. Just what can Obama do that will keep our country flourishing or at least afloat in the next four years?

Erin H said...

Yes, Alina! I really like this. It irritates me to no end when people ask me why I like Obama (or why I care about politics at all)/why I don't like Romney. Hello? He's against gay rights and *ahem* women's rights? It drives me insane that, nearly 100 years after women gained the right to vote, our rights are still being debated (by men, might I add). And when men try and act like they know what women need/want. Grrr. And I totally agree about the whole deal with blaming Obama for the current state of America. It's not all Obama's fault, you guys...Ever heard of the "snowball effect"? Anyway..should stop now before I go off into another feminism+political rant. ;)
Thanks for sharing, Alina!

Rverma said...

Awesome post...just thought I'd point out that no, Romney isn't going to make anything better economically, either :)

aubrey22 said...

Oh my gosh thank you so much Alina for letting everyone know "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE"!! You have no idea how many times I've said that every time Romney opens his mouth. Also, he has just been twisting a lot of the truth making Obama a "bad guy." He needs to chill out.