Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm Tired


 
Teachers wonder why some kids are drowsy and fall asleep in class.  I’ll tell you why.  Kids now-a-days wake up, go to school, come home, either go to practice or work, come home, eat dinner, do homework, and finally get on average of five hours of sleep a night.  With today’s society everything is faster and busier, including student schedules.  I don’t know about you, but after I come home from conditioning and practice exhausted the last thing on the planet I want to do is homework.  I understand that homework is an essential part of school, but why do teachers have to assign so much of it.  I hate coming home after practice ready for a shower and bed, to find a stack of homework on the middle of my desk the size of the Empire State building.  And don’t forget that after you do your homework and finish analyzing novels that are part of class assignments, you get to read an AR book.   That sounds so fun, not.  Because of busy schedules, some students literally don’t have enough time in the day to tack on an extra book, or so, every quarter.  Anyway, I think it is safe to say that I have “senioritis”.

No comments: