Saturday, October 6, 2012

Folk not Country

So yesterday I was in the car with my dad and we were listening to Mumford & Sons on my iPod. We were just driving along and then my dad's like, "Oh, so you like country now?" This definitely threw me off because I absolutely do not like country. Sorry to all you country fans out there, but I have tried many times to give country a chance. I just cannot stand to listen to it. Anyways, so bottom-line: he thought Mumford & Sons were country. Okay, yes it has a banjo. BUT I don't think of it as country. And this, my friends, is what folk is. I actually think folk was before country but not sure. Anyways, I replied at first, "WHAT?????" Then I realized what he was thinking. So I plainly told him, "Dad, this is folk not country." "But it sounds like country." "IT'S NOT COUNTRY!" He finally realized it was folk, so we are on good terms still. ;D

No comments: