Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cookies/It's On Alina/Jeopardy...Oh My

Hey, like cookies? Like 'em a WHOLE lot? Or not even a whole lot, maybe a midnight snack because, you know, we all get up at midnight for eating because that's how we Americans do it. Well, I'm the girl you're lookin' for. Juli...Juli Schwarzkopf's the name. The cookies are really good! And I'm not lying just because I have to fundraise them. They really are good, especially raw. Mmmm, good.

So, my selling fundraising door-to-door technique is simple. I put the giant picture of the cookie towards the customer. Kinda like a hint. And as soon as they see it, they'll either reject me and I'll happily skip to the next house because I didn't waste my time at that house, or I'll give my spiel. Is that the word? Hmm. Anyways, so on the envelope it's like "Don't say 'buy' or 'sell.' Say 'Can you help me?'" And that's what I say and usually I get the reaction of "So yea, what do you want?" Do people not understand that if I'm holding a giant 8 by 11 inch picture of a darned tasty cookie, then how much more obvious can I get? Should I really just say, "Hungry? I got cookies." I honestly think the whole idea of trying to get people interested in what I have to fundraise is a lot of time taken up. Either way, people keep asking me how much I've sold. I SHALL NOT TELL. It makes me feel feelings to tell people the number.

We had to play Jeopardy in Spanish III Honors. I'm good at Spanish. Let me tell you that. No, my ego ain't inflated when it comes to Spanish...that's reserved for Rahul. But, we got into a group. And Austin Tran was the one that hosted it for my particular group. Apparently, he wasn't being sarcastic when he said we had to slap down our hand and yell "Tran is king." Let me warn you:  my mind can only work so fast and it can only work for so long. I have like a 2 minute go-time when it comes to paying attention. I also become super competitive. Very competitive.... So me being me, I'd get this MINOR detail wrong, and Austin wouldn't accept it D:. And I'm like, "Why you mad bro?!" Either way, while doing the free-write, I noticed I passed the 150 word mark when everybody seemed to go really slow. So take that. Too bad though. I wasn't listening to the prompt, so I just kinda wrote. Defeats the purpose, of course, but hey, my 2 minutes was up. Freakin' Jeopardy. How I can write 150 words of pure silly nonsense, I don't know, but it happens, especially when you're me. Haha, nonsense.

Anyways, I come on here to read the stories and update this and I see Alina's Bible-length post and my competitiveness kicked in. Sorry Alina, but I post the longest blogs. Haha, yea, but that was a REALLY long blog. And unfortunately, politics doesn't set off my 2 minutes, it inhibits it. So, not following the election or whatever is supposedly really important to the world. APPARENTLY, KIM KARDASHIAN'S HORRIBLE OUTFIT IS SUPPOSED TO BE MEANINGFUL TO MY LIFE. DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE WHAT SHE WEARS? JEEZ. If that's what it means to be a journalist these days, then there ain't no way I'm going to do that. However, I do see myself being a blogger. I just can't help it this year.

Cookies, yea, darn tasty.... Milk, yea, goes with cookies.... Cookies, yea, go with more cookies....Also, why is there nobody for M&M cookies? Those are good. I understand the oatmeal raisin isn't exactly the biggest seller, but M&M? Weird....

1 comment:

Alina said...

Oh my gosh Juli this is why I freaking love you. You are exactly right, if that is what journalism comes down to I'd rather blog too. Fortunatley that was just yahoo, which always posts stupid stuff about stupid celebrities and since Amanda said write something about a celebrity I went strait to yahoo knowing they would have stories of men running marathons in under 3 hours in flip flops, lol. But yeah srsly, politics more important but nobody really cares, by the way

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
I shall have the longest blogs,
my mind never stops
stops
stops
stops
stops
stops
;)