Friday, July 2, 2010

A Perfect Night at Raley Field

Rocklin Baseball Players

Raley Field


My Dad Shaking Hands with Rickey Henderson

Rickey Henderson Signing Autographs

Coach Murray Being Recognized as Coach of the Year

Tonight was an incredibly fun night at a Rivercats game down in West Sacramento. The Rivercats Organization honored Coach Roc Murray as the CCA Baseball Coach of the Year by having him throw out the first pitch with Rocklin High School baseball players at his side. Because of this, Rocklin fans were reserved their own section in the ballpark, so Section 122 was filled with our spirited community all decked out in our school's royal blue. This was probably the highlight of the night for me; I just love how the excellence of Rocklin High sports never fails to bring our community together. Whether it's a state championship game for our football team, a playoff basketball game at Arco Arena, or my favorite, a baseball event that honors our incredible coaches, we are always there for our school.
Other than just being a fun event with my community, there were also a lot of fun surprises. My Dad and I were lucky enough to sit down in the first row of our section, so it felt as though we were down on the field with the team. Also, I enjoyed this game because the Rivercats were playing the Fresno Grizzlies, who are the Giants Triple A team. As a Giants fan, I thought it was pretty cool to see some of the players, who I root for on TV, playing live right in front of me. Probably the biggest surprise of the night was former A's player, Rickey Henderson, was a guest coach for the Rivercats. This was a major event of the night for my Dad because growing up, he was one of his favorite players, and he got to shake hands with him and tell him how much he appreciated him. Lastly, the game was incredibly exciting because it was so close. We anticipated extra innings but finally in the eighth, Matt Watson and Chris Carter hit back-to-back homeruns to put the Sacramento Rivercats ahead 6-3. The exciting win was the perfect ending to a perfect night.







5 comments:

Franchesca said...

That sounds like it was a ton of fun!!!!!:)

Holly said...

Wow, thats really cool your dad got to do that!

RHS Flash said...

This is so cool. I think you should write it up for the web paper, too, when we get back. Maybe interview Coach Murray.

Olivia said...

I would love to write it up for the web paper and an interview too! thanks :) i really had fun writing it :)

Danielle said...

That sounds really cool! :)