Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer!

So I'm new to the whole blogging thing, but am very excited to be here and excited that it's SUMMER! It's already going by so fast as I am desperately soaking up every moment of the sunshine and long summer nights. My family and I took a trip to Disneyland after school got out, which was a blast. It was so nice to get out of Rocklin and only have to worry about what time our Space Mountain fastpasses expired :). Other than that, I've been doing some community service and hanging out.

Most recently, I've been doing some major cleaning in which I have been going through and getting rid of some sentimental things that I've had for years on end. They were good reminders while they lasted and now that it's summer I think it's the perfect time to begin working on giving myself a fresh start. The cleaning process has been extremely reminiscent and has brought back many good memories which I know I will have forever. I just finished painting my room for the first time in over seven years, and have decided that it's time to move on. It hit me the other day that I only have two more years of high school, and since it is all going by so fast I want to focus more on the present and future. But for now I'm taking my time to work on cleansing myself of unnecessary junk and making sure to enjoy every summer moment (next on my to-do list: start tackling the impending pile of summer homework!)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I hate summer cleaning. It's like saying a bittersweet farewell to all the memories of things you once had and loved in the past...but it definitely feels satisfying to clear up all the cluster that piled up in your room.

Holly said...

Good for you, I have so much trouble getting rid of things.

Erika said...

Alisha, you are my hero. Cleaning AND making a fresh start... I wish I had that kind of motivation. You're amazing.

RHS Flash said...

Savor every moment, starting now. The last two years can be rich with enjoyment and learning- Nichols