Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The last workshop this summer

Off to San Diego today for the last workshop and what marks the end of summer for the Nichols family. Once we return it will be a slow, steady transition back into the Rocklin High Schools. The highlight of this 9-day trip will be Sea World on Sunday with Carson.

Have enjoyed the activity on the blog and hope to go back and read more this week. Some folks are missing, and that worries me, but we'll build a great team. The changes in journalism continue to amaze me, and excite me. OK, the Sherrod case (look it up) points to the dangers of blog style journalism. Our lies can be more powerful. But so can the rapidity at which we deliver truth.

Most interesting point to me in scanning this summer was that 8 days ago Amazon announced it officially sold more e-books than printed books. OK, this could be good for the environment. But does that make me even more old school because I like the smell and feel of a real book? I suspect it will change even more quickly than we realize, that we will hit a tipping point. It does bode well for college students I suspect.

Time to gather up our final things and hit the road. Newport Beach tonight and in the morning, then on to San Diego. cn

1 comment:

Devin M. said...

I'm going down to San Diego next wednsday, hopefully its not scorching. I'll be going to Sea World that day to.. Have fun