Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Hate Bieber Fever

Honestly, I hate Bieber Fever. Legitimate hatred.. This past weekend I went to Las Vegas, THE city for partying  for a basketball tournament. Other than the four nationally proclaimed tournaments there, the theme of the weekend was Justin Bieber's concert. Seriously, who goes all the way to Vegas to think about Justin Bieber? Sure not me, but that's what i ended up doing seeing 22 year old grown women freaking about him in my hotel. Honestly, what's the big deal he sounds like a like he's four and i gotta be honest, the first time i heard him sing i thought he was a little black girl... Honestly, I hate Bieber Fever!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love Justin Bieber, but the whole craze does get annoying sometimes.
22 year old fans? Wow, that is pretty sad.

Brit said...

I think that people get way too polarized on these teen "sensations". Compare the screaming legions of tweens, teens, and adult women that are claiming "Bieber Fever" with the fan who threw a water bottle at his head during a Sacramento concert last December (http://www.examiner.com/x-2586-Pop-Music-Examiner~y2010m8d10-Justin-Bieber-Hit-in-the-head-with-a-water-bottle). Why do people have to make their lives all about these singers, from the Jonas Brothers to Bieber to whoever will be the next teen idol. Can't people just respect that they have made successful careers for themselves, like (or dislike) their music, and move on with their lives without needing to constantly broadcasting their love (or hate) to the rest of the world?