Thursday, July 29, 2010

My trip to the East

So I just got back from a trip to Maryland and Upstate New York a couple days ago, and let me tell you, it feels great to be home. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing all of my mom's side of the family, but I don't love automatically becoming the babysitter because I am a teenager.
Well, my grandparents and most of my aunts and uncles (my mom comes from a family of 8) live in Maryland, but my uncle was getting married and wanted the wedding in New York where my grandpa's family owns a house on the lake.
Due to some sort of lack of communication, all the other teenage cousins didn't come until the wedding, the very end of my two weeks there. So basically I was stuck with a 9 year old and a couple 6 year olds for most of the time.
I've now seen enough iCarly to last a lifetime.
Also, when you stuff a bunch of people (all equally stubborn and outspoken) into one house, tensions tend to run high. That, PLUS all the preparations for the wedding, made for a pretty drama-filled two weeks.
Of course, there were some highlights: Swimming in the lake, tubing, playing capture the flag with the neighbors, and the wedding was a blast.
But like I said, I'm happy to be home.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Nothing beats sleeping in your own bed at night!!

Keely said...

I totally understand on both counts. I'm always babysitter at family gatherings and it's so nice being home after a long trip :)

Elisabeth said...

And you watched Big Time Rush. How dare you leave out BTR? Yes, true fans like me who aren't afraid to admit their obsession call it BTR.