Saturday, July 24, 2010

San Fran!

I have come to the conclusion that I am a big city girl at heart. I love all of the commotion, the constant happenings, and the fact that everywhere you look there is something interesting to view. My family and I took a day trip to good old San Francisco today, and it was a total blast, besides the fact that it took forever for us to get down there. We got stuck in major traffic, and took us nearly double the time to get down there as it would normally. Little did we know that tomorrow, July 25, is the San Francisco Marathon, which means there were most likely countless runners and their families heading to the same city we were. This combined with the fact that it is summer vacation and people from all over the world are visiting the infamous location made for bustling city life even more than the norm when we got there. After we finally found a place to park (which was quite the challenge), we walked up to Ghirardelli Square and enjoyed absolutely delicious ice cream sundaes. We then proceeded to walk down to the area around Pier 39 and shop as we took in all the sights. Since we have been there so many times and there were so many people, we didn’t actually go to Pier 39. We walked along, shopped, saw the man who hides in the bush and scares people (cracks me up every time) and other various street performers, all the while just enjoying being out of Rocklin for the day. It was great being somewhere with nice, cool weather in the middle of July, even if it got kind of chilly! Nothing a warm, pink San Francisco sweatshirt wouldn’t fix. :) We left just as the sun was starting to set, and as we crossed the Bay Bridge I caught myself mesmerized as I stared out the window at the gorgeous view. And to add to the great ending there wasn't much traffic on the way home! Overall it was a great day, and I already miss the excitement of the big city!

No comments: