Friday, July 16, 2010

Off my butt finally

When I said I wanted to clean my room, I didn't know it would take me three years to do it. And when I say clean, I mean throwing everything old/too small/unsused out, and organizing everything that I do keep into a perfectly neat space. I think I have an OCD about it or something. But it took me three years!! THREE YEARS! to accomplish this. Each summer, winter break, spring cleaning that came along I told myself, "I'm goign to ogranize my room." I would start but then I would stop in the middle of my work with everything still laying all over the floor and then decide to pile it away in a drawer. After three years, things were just too out of control for me. But this summer... This summer I found the inspiration and motivation to finish my room. And I did. It took me a week, and the result is amazing. I have a space to think, to organize my thoughts and set goals. I feel so much more in control of my life, and feel ready for a new start to a new me. It's amazing how all it takes is a clean room... I think my motivation to finally finish my room came from the fact that I'm growing up and realizing I have to take responsibility for my life. I can't just sit back and watch things happen. I have to make things happen. It shouldn't have taken me three years to figure that out, but at least now I'm off my butt and getting things done. It feels sooo good.

2 comments:

Yasmine_B said...

I feel like I can't focus on homework and such without my room being clean and organized. It really makes a difference in my concentration. At the beginning of this summer I went through all my old stuff and got rid of a lot and now it's so much nicer!

Alisha said...

Good for you! I did some major cleaning earlier this summer but my closet is still crammed with junk... wish I had your motivation!