Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful

I realized this past weekend that I am really happy with my job and should be more grateful. I mean, I get to go to an elementary school three days a week and just play with kids and joke around with them and the staff; it's my dream job!

There are always those many moments throughout the day where I just have to laugh because one of the fourth graders calls my co-worker "foxy" or one of the first graders falls from the glider in one of the world's weirdest positions and just starts busting up laughing. And I just have to smile when a fourth grader helps a kindergartner win at two touch on the ball wall, even though she's playing too.

It's those precious moments in the every day hustle and bustle of this world that really matter most, and at Kids Junction you can't possibly stay in a bad mood because those kids simply love you. They have so much life, kindness and energy in those tiny bodies it's completely inspiring and makes me forget about anything bad going on in my life. I look forward to going into work, and I realize now that that's really, really rare and I should cherish that. I was worried that there could be a chance I wouldn't want to be a teacher anymore after working in a second grade classroom as one of my classes AND working at KJ, but honestly I want to be one even more now. I love going to that class every other day, and I love my work. I feel like I am where I belong :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

You've found your calling :) And the kids love you, those pictures show it all... A picture is worth a thousand words

Emily said...

I used to go to KJ when I was at Breen and I still remember my counselors. One of them went to RHS while he was my counselor and it's kind of weird thinking about it.
Anyway, I'm sure they'll appreciate you for a long time.