Monday, November 2, 2009

SAT's

Being a college-bound senior I have come to despise two three letter combinations, SAT and ACT. It frustrates me beyond all believe how much our future as seniors could depend on a test that completely drains all of your brain power in one day. I understand the fact that colleges and universities need a way to test/compare everyone in a standardized way, but honestly the tests do not represent us as individuals. What if you are just a bad test taker? Is it fair that you may not be able to get into a good college because you didn't do well on the test? When I hear people talking about reviewing and 'studying' for these sorts of tests usually they talk about test taking strategies, not studying academic material. I see why these tests came about, but I wish there was a better way to do things, maybe someday there will be.

1 comment:

Emily said...

It depends on what your idea of a good college is. I agree with you though, these tests shouldn't determine if one is in or out.