Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Assumptions

The one thing that gets on my nerves more than anything else is assumptions. People assume that because you live in California, you live by the beach. Or that if you are a Democrat, you're a bleeding heart. Assumptions are bad first impressions. Assumptions can kill friendships and relationships. Assumptions cause families to split apart and war to start.

If we didn't assume things, we would be able to build better relationships. We would be able to trust more. We would be able to befriend just about anyone. And people take advantage of assumptions as well.
I know my parents trust me more than I trust myself. They assume I won't do something bad. Which generally I don't but I know of plenty of people who do.

You also don't know what really goes on in other people's lives. They could be suffering and you just assume that they're emo and yearning for attention.

What do you assume?

No comments: