Sunday, November 15, 2009

2012

Lately, I've been hearing alot about the 2012 theory, how the world is going to end, with the movie in theatres, people talking about it, or educational channels on TV. What is really going to happen on December 21, 2012? Are people going to panic? Will one or more of the theories come true? And the most worrisome question: Is the whole population of the world going to die? However you put it, there really isn't anything we can do either way, but personally, I think the world will go through some sort of transformation, but maybe not an apocolypse. Anyway,
people will still continue to go about their daily lives and not worry about it.

5 comments:

KryptoChicken said...

I think it's a load of baloney. There have been so many dates where the world was supposed to end. Yet here we are, all going about our lives. As a friend of mine put it, maybe the Mayans just ran out of rock to write their calender on.

Emily said...

I also think it is not going to happen. The only way the entire population can die is to be hit by a giant meteor. There is a theory going around that that will happen but I don't believe it is supposed to happen for another 8 years or so, and even then, there is little evidence that it will hit the Earth. It will likely bypass us.

Nick said...

Emily, I believe that meteor you're talking about is predicted to hit around 2032 or sometime around that.

Emily said...

Oh, really? I was watching that on television, the most likely way the human population will die, or something like that. That's amazing that they can see something 20 years away.

KryptoChicken said...

Maybe they can't. Maybe it's just a big prank to scare us all to death. I swear I'm not a conspiracy theorist.