Thursday, November 5, 2009

Racism

Hey peoples! Well, this morning ... it has been a tough time. Today, some people were making fun of a musical that was made for African Americans... basically, they were being racist and joked about it when I was right there listening to it. It was the most hurtful, disturbing, and painful thing I have ever heard in my life. I was so frustrated and upset. This is an on going epidemic at this school. Even though I agree that Rocklin High is one of the best schools out here, there are still some issues regarding racism. Everyday I hear people joke about black, white, brown people, and it seriously needs to stop. We don't need our peers making fun of race, it is so 1600's and its not cool anymore. Even though there are celebrities who joke about their own race, I don't think it is appropiate. I mean, when kids listen to these jokes, they think its cool and its ok to joke about it... but guess what.. its not! I have never been so insulted in my life. This isn't the first time that this has happened. We as teenagers need to stop this, because if someone felt the pain I had today, it would be extruciating. It's up to you to stop this. Yes, I understand there is peer pressure and people want to please other individuals, but is it really worth it. The consequences are huge if someone heard you make a racial slur and reported it. So, again, its up to you to stop this. "It don't matter if your black or white" MJ.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I agree with you. It's not okay to say something that would put down someone's appearance, even if it's just a joke. I wish people would just be a little kinder.

Dominique D. said...

That's exactly what should happen. I hear people all saying that the stuff I complain about is stupid, but you know what, they don't get it.. they don't understand the pain I've went through along with other minorities... and it is a shame.