Friday, October 2, 2009

2016

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will be hosting the 2016 olympic games!!
Tokyo, Midrid and Chicago were also in the running but were said to not be chosen because they were from places that had recently held the olympic games.
South America has never hosted the games in the total 54 ceremonies, which is just wrong if you consider that 42 of them have been hosted by either Europe or the United States. And, that London already has the 2012 games. It is supposed to be a cultural event that unifies the world and I think this really broaden the spectrum out of the usual U.S., Europe and Asia. (Despite that, however, I will be rooting for San Fran if they decide to place a bid in for 2020.)

I was watching the news this morning, and there is a 12 year old kid from Rocklin who is training to go to the 2016 games for gymnastics. I hope they make it! : D I didn't stick around for the story but it will probably be on Monday too because they are very repetitive in the 6am news.

1 comment:

Shilpa said...

I think it is great they are hosting it, we will get to see a very different culture. It would be amazing if San Francisco hosts the 2020 olympics, I would definately go.