Friday, October 2, 2009

College, of course...

So I heard the other day that CSUs won't be accepting the writing portion of the SAT or ACT? I'm not sure if this is true but I certainly hope not, I mean why on earth would they do that? Do they want this application process to be totally objective now, no personal thoughts or feelings involved in between those test scores? It sounds ridiculous. My SAT writing score was so good, and I think really reflects what my writing style is like and shows that I enjoy writing and am reletively good at it, which goes to show why I should be in the liberal arts major. Taking out writing is taking out what should be a major part of the application process. CSUs don't get personal statements like UCs do, and so they need to compensate somewhere besides the little other writing about ourselves that we need to do. They need to know our school writing and how we adapt to timed situations like that. I really hope this information is wrong, because CSUs are making a mistake taking the writing portions out. So what if it narrows down some of the harder decisions in the applications; they could be narrowing down in the wrong direction.


Meanwhile, feast your eyes on this beautiful school (not in our state of course...:( )


No comments: