Friday, October 16, 2009

Down Again

Well, I dropped 10 spots in the Stocks today as the DOW plummeted 100 points, and that's only last time I checked. It sucks for me, but it got me wondering what's going on in the financial industry. It shot up above 10000 points a few days ago, which is amazing considering how recent the crash was. But then today it shot back down into the 9000's, hurting me in my little game and a lot of other people who were playing with real money.
The people in charge are too fond of speculation. Obviously it's necessary for stocks to even exist, but every financial crash in American history has been caused by overspecualtion in something, and only a year after the meltdown, it looks like we're already headed that way. We're rising too far too fast with nothing to back up the speculation. Until the economy gets on its feet, this seems especially risky.

No comments: