Friday, December 12, 2008

Thunder Galleria

I had a great time at Thunder Galleria on Wed!!! I'm a junior, but it was my first time going cuz I always have stuff on Wednesdays and Thunder Galleria is always on Wed. But this year I decided to ditch my weekly Wed event, and do Thunder Galleria instead. I helped at a table with 3 other people from One. Our table "sold" bath and body items. I'm actually not very into all that stuff, but it was a pretty fun table. We found these baskets and we got to use our creativity to put things together in packages. But then one of the directors came up to our table and said, "Can you guys spare someone to be an elf? We really need more elves!" So I said sure and she told me the most important thing was to not lose the kid, and that was the extent of my elf training. So I ended up being an elf for an 8-year-old boy named Matthew. It was so much fun! When I brought him to his dad, he was so excited and couldn't stop talking about his Thunder Galleria experience.

Besides seeing the adorable kids, I also loved seeing so many RHS students at Thunder Galleria, whether working a table, or being an elf, or something else. It was so cool to see so many fellow classmates doing things to make someone else's Christmas.

No comments: