Thursday, December 4, 2008

Capitol Section Honor Band

Is one of California’s most prestigious honor bands any high school student can audition for aside from Nationals. Capitol Section also has a two other groups for 6th graders as well as one for Junior High students. I’ve had the privilege to participate every year since 6th grade and I am completely overjoyed and excited and looking forward to the few days of rehearsal and the evening performance more than anything right now. Dr. Tim Smith – the newly appointed Associate Director of Bands and Lecturer in Music Education at California State University, Sacramento, as well as Music Director/Conductor of the Contra Costa Chamber Orchestra – is our conductor this year! We’ve had the UCDavis conductor, UOP, Sac. State conductors as well as composers run the group. VERY EXCITING :) Overall, I’m soo looking forward to this! When you audition and make the band, your tape is evaluated and ranked. After that, there is a live audition that places you in where you will sit within your section. I’ve been places 8th, 5th, 4th, from Freshman year till Junior year and this year I ranked 3rd place :) I know 1st and 2nd attend Nationals every year and I feel so honored to be ranked right next to them!!! This year’s honor bands are going to be amazing! Ha, I love being a band geek sometimes :P

No comments: