Monday, December 8, 2008

Coincidence? I think not...

This kind of relates to Ashley’s blog, “CREEPER” except mine didn’t happen at home. Yesterday I worked the night shift. I work for the City of Rocklin Community Services and Facility/Theatre Department, by the way, and I finished up my event at the Sunset Center and was heading over with Page – our newest employee, I was training her that night – to the Community Center to alarm the building. It was around 9:30 pm as Page and I walked the outer parameter or the building one of the doors was open, which I thought was to be very odd because it wasn’t a regularly used door. We unlocked the front door, and set of the alarm. Oops, but we entered our code before the police were called so there was no problem. But my question is how was it that when I opened the door, the alarm was not activated? Also, why was it that the only door that did not activate the alarm, just so happened to be unlocked? I know it doesn’t sound that creepy, but on Halloween night, someone tried to break into the 3rd Street Preschool building. The alarm was activated but according to the police, there was no forced entry but when the alarm beeped, the criminal attempted to enter a code that obviously didn’t work, and fled the scene. My supervisor got the call informing her about the break in, she told me to go check it out! Really? What am I going to do against a criminal? So I took my friend, who just happened to be dressed as a sheriff. We were having our Trick-Or-Treat fair. Anyway, these two buildings are right next to Johnson Spring View Park and within the same parking lot. The difference between Facility Assistant and Facility Monitor at my work is basically the time of the shift. An assistant does not work the night shift – which would end at 12:30 am – yet I’ve been scheduled before as working the night. SO, on my only few night shifts I have had, some creepy stuff like that has happened. I’m not sure, but these little connections are a little on the strange side. I kind of hope they stop, soon, because working alone that late is kind of scary, or hopefully I’m just being paranoid. Either way, that’s working for the city for you.

No comments: