Friday, December 12, 2008

Debates

Mr. Pereira's junior honors english class has been working on many debates in the last couple of class periods. Debate topics have been flag burning, a dreadlock deadlock case, and sex offenders. People have their own opinions on each debate and the class gets pretty heated. Each debate is seperated into 4 categories: strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, and strongly disagree. For the flag burning debate I went on the somewhat agree side because I dont think flag burning should be allowed for the country. In the dreadlock deadlock case I also went on the somewhat agree side because I think he should have to cover his deadlocks in whatever work enviroment he works in. As for the debate on sex offenders I am on the strongly agree side because I think that sex offenders should have to put a sign out in front of their house notifying people that they are a sex offender. Mr. Pereira's class debates are exciting and fun to do instead of work work work.

2 comments:

rebecca/vanessa said...

I totally remember that from last year! Good views there. It was an interesting debate from last year, but fun.

Justin said...

lol, I went the opposite way on all three issue. But still, i agree that its fun, it gets the class thinking