Saturday, January 2, 2010

This Christmas...

Want to no what I did for Christmas? Well don't ask because I didnt do anything... I notice that as I am getting older, my parents aren't taking Christmas as seriously as they used to. When I was younger and still believed in Santa Clause, it seemed to me as if we had this annual family tradition where the family would come up Christmas Eve, spend the night, wake up Christmas morning to open gifts, go to church, and then go to the snow. Those were the best Chrismtases. The Christmases that made me look forward for the next one. It used to be my favorite time of year. A time to see all the family together. But once I got into Jr. High, these family traditions began to fade. Family stopped coming up and Christmas seemd to lose all its charm. There wouldn't be anything to look forward to and Christmas turned into just another day of the year. Well the same thing happened this year. We had a family dinner the first Saturday of break, so I guess that counts for something. But on Christmas day, I was alone. No parents, no friends. No one. Just my dog and the television. My parents went to someone's house while I stayed home with my sick dog. THe exact same thing happend for New Year's Eve. I was alone while my parents went out to do something. For the past four years that is how it has been. So one of my 2010 New Year Resolutions is to take family matters into my own hands and plan the best Christmas and New Years ever:)

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

I love that you want to take matters into your own hands, but I'd also tell your parents how you feel. They'd probably get excited that you care. make 2010 rock- cn

Karin said...

yeah, you should plan it next year! i think that is a great idea!