Thursday, January 21, 2010

Social NOTworking Websites

These days everybody from your little sister to your grandmother is on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, or some other social networking website. I used to be one of those people who checked my Myspace daily and updated my Twitter constantly, until a few months ago when I decided to delete all of my accounts on those kinds of sites. I've noticed that since I've gotten rid of them, I've had sooo much more free time! More time to actually interact with people rather than just tweet @ them or comment their myspace. And anybody can realize that the concept of these websites is dumb. I mean why kill hours each day looking at and commenting people's Myspace profiles. And I've noticed that most people try to make themselves come across a certain way via their profile, while in reality they are not like that. And what is the point in allowing others to stalk your every move by Twittering what your doing every minute of the day. Though these websites seem stupid to me now, at one point I was totally hooked. I think more people should try to stop using these websites for a while and they will most likely enjoy all their extra free time no longer spent creeping peoples' profiles/twitters.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

What about blogs? LOL. Actually, I love what you have to say here. I think balance is probably OK, but I think that's hard. cn