Sunday, January 10, 2010

Looking back

Looking back at this past decade you realize just how far everyone has come, including yourself. 2000 doesn't seem that long ago, but when I really think about it I was only eight years old, halfway through second grade. I was the same age as the kids I teach now, and still much younger than the sixth graders I just started teaching. I was learning punctuation, addition and subtraction. Now I'm learning concepts of AP Statistics. It is incredible to see just how far we have all come in just one decade, and now this is the class of 2010's year to GRADUATE. I remember when kids my age got their first e-mail accounts, many would put 2010 at the end of their account name because it was a goal; it was a year so far off into the future that by that time we would have more "mature" e-mail accounts besides "puppylover2010" and it was a year that we knew everything would change. We come more into ourselves than ever before now that we realize we have so much responsibility with college and planning our futures, and now is the time we really learn about ourselves and how we will handle things living on our own. We are so lucky to be the Class of 2010 because not only are we graduating and becoming adults this year, we are starting the decade off with this monumental moment that will change the direction of the rest of our lives. Let's go seniors, this is it.

No comments: