Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My friend in Kenya

A couple days ago, I finished writing a letter to Samuel. Samuel is a 10-year-old boy who lives in Kenya with his grandparents. I've never met him, and I've only seen one picture of him. This summer, my brother and I decided to sponsor Samuel together through an organization called Compassion International. For $32 a month, we provide him with food, clean water, education, clothes, health care, and other life-enriching opportunities to this boy who was born into poverty.

One very cool part about the whole thing is that we get to write letters back and forth with Samuel. A few weeks ago, we received our second letter from him. He wrote it in English! His handwriting is actually better than many people's who have grown up in Rocklin, and his grammar is great for English being his second language! Samuel wrote about several different things about his life, and his letter was so sweet. I am so thankful to be able to make a difference in his life! So far, it has been an awesome experience!

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

I love the way you (and your family) live your faith. You are a blessing.