Monday, September 22, 2008

Mad Stress

So I've come to the conclusion that school is way too stressful. And being a senior sucks. I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing in my life and I feel as if I'm being shoved into a decision I'm not nearly prepared to make. I want to go to college, I want to get a good education, I just have no idea what college will make me happiest. And even if I knew a school that I'd be happiest at who's to say I'll even get in? I only have a 3.6 and an SAT score that is... lacking in comparison to friend's scores. Where do I even have a chance? I have no idea. All I know is that in the next month I have to take the SAT subject tests, the SAT's, and the ACT's. I also have to decide on seven reasonable schools to apply to and start applying. And the thought of that is more than a little overwhelming. Can't I just skip straight to April and start getting acceptance letters? I haven't even started applications and I'm already tired of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel! i am a junior and only 16 years old and right now i hav eto decided which college im going to go to, which carrer i want to have. thats ridiculus!!! i dont think its right that someone is is 16 years old already has to nail down what they want to do for the rest of their life!!! i have always gone back and forth about what i want to do and what sounds fun and what will pay enough...i dont know okay!! i have to take all of these aptitude tests and send in applications for scholarships so i dont miss any of these "oh so important" deadlines. i think that kids deserve a break!! when did this all start?? im pretty sure that like even my grandparents didnt have to do this when they were my age!! its just so overwhelming...