Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm scared!

This is less of a rant and more of a ramble...but here it goes. College is FREAKING me out. My dad won't stop talking about it and there are a billion meetings going on at school right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely excited. I can't wait to meet new people and just start over. Of course, everywhere I want to go is bound to have someone I know.
But at the same time, I'm really afraid of leaving my friends. My best friend is going to Kansas University. My other best friend is a junior and will still be here at Rocklin. And the odds of my boyfriend going to the same college are extremely low, as it should be. But that doesn't make me any less scared.
So I will be relatively far from all the most important people in my life. Not to mention my mom. When I leave it will just be her and my brother at home. I think she's going to go crazy. without me there to help with my brother. He's totally scatter brained and never gets his stuff done. And the house will be so QUIET! I just think it's going to be really weird.
One more thing, I REALLY REALLY don't want my bedrooms at my mom's or my dad's to be taken over and turned into guest rooms. Even if I'm not living there, it's my home. Shouldn't I be able to come home when I need to and still feel like I belong there? I think so. And I'm going to be very mad when I come home and my room isn't mine anymore.

Basically, I'm really scared. It hasn't fully hit me yet that this time next year I will be starting at a new school, way bigger than this, and not know anyone. I'll be rooming with someone I've never met in a room about half the size of mine now. I'm a little scared, obviously.

1 comment:

BeckySue said...

Aww, it's going to be totally fine. That's the crazy thing about college, everything is a new experience and everyone is going through the same thing. I'm sure your room will be ok :P and that your new roommate will be a fun experience - just like college. All i know is that you better be keeping in touch with everybody whos staying behind...AKA: sierra college. Which i am excited for honestly. Its a nice campus haha as far as JCs are concerned. Either way, don't worry. Life is crazy! And college is just another crazy ride which once all the confusion settles down, i'm sure your do fine! :) Oh, where are you wanting to attend?