Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dry Land Practice!!!!!

On Wednesday morning, I crawl out of bed for yet another Wednesday morning practice for waterpolo. After I get ready, I walk out the door and BAMN freezing ice cold wind almost blows me over. All that is running through my head is that pool is going to be like the Antarctic Ocean. I blast the heater in my car until it is a sauna, but I am still chilled to the bone thinking about having to get in the pool.

The whole team is huddling near the gate waiting for the dredful words, its time to get in. The coaches start walking towards us. The entire team is in complete silence, you could have heard a pen drop from a mile away. The coaches start laughing, and the JV Coach, Matt says, "How would you guys feel if we let you go home today?" Cheers sprang out from the frozen water polo players, but then Matt quickly adds that, "No, you aren't going home we're going to have practice on dry land."

Dry land practice totally made my day. I couldn't absoulely be thankful for it, because Matt held out the possiblity of going home. But i have to say, I had never been more thankful in my life. Dry land was hard, but at least we weren't freezing cold. I welcomed all the hard lundges, crab walks, and chairs because there in the cornor of my eye loomed the ice cold pool.

No comments: